Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Daylily Variegated Scape and Foliage


The scape is a little left of center, and it is variegated along
 with the foliage. This photo was taken a few days ago and the 
scape is even more pronounced with stripes when 
I viewed it today. Some of you may have seen this before, but 
for those who have not, like me, I decided to share.  
There are always a few 'not seen before' things in the garden. 

Daylily blooms coming soon, I promise, but it is still a tad
early for blooms especially with the cool days and nights.
We ordered some plants quite early this year so we 
could see the blooms from the first scapes produced, but
with the unfavorable temps, that did not work out so well
for the blossoms. Those blooms did not open any better
than the ones in the garden. Two of the ordered plants
scaped soon after delivery, and I cut those out to
allow those to concentrate on growth. They are
sending up rebloom scapes now, so maybe they will
bloom much better. 
   

Daylily Variegated Buds
Foliage, scapes, and buds are variegated.
What's next, variegated blossoms? Don't I wish. 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.